Pages

Wednesday 23 July 2014

Grandma's Birthday

In the holiday, it was my grandma's birthday!!! I never new it was her birthday until the day it happened... When I heard it was her birthday, I was so excited and couldn't wait for it. It was happening on a Sunday, in the afternoon and in a church.

On the day, I was supposed to go church but my mum said to stay and wait until the food was done and the church was set up. My mum was gone to set the the church and do the food. While she was gone, I was cleaning the house with my sisters, watching TV and listening to music. It was fun!!

Finally it was time to get ready and head to the church for the birthday... I quickly got ready because my mum called and said she was on her way. When we got there, It was full and there were a lot of people there. Inside, there were people with instruments on the side of the church.

Searching and searching, I finally found some seats for me and my sisters. This lady was telling us to come and sit down next to her because there were spare seats. I was looking around for my mum then, I finally found it. She was getting my grandma onto the stage so everyone and see her. After that, she was walking to the kitchen to get something... (The kitchen was across our table).

As she was walking back, she saw us and she came and asked us if we were alright and we said yes... Then she left back to my grandma and started talking into the microphone. She was saying things about my grandma (kind things) and she was also the presenter that calls people up to say something.

While they were talking, we began to eat, talk and listen (The food was Tongan traditional food). Sometimes, we would have to stand up and sing a song then sit back down and continue eating. And then the people with instruments, would have to play something and stop. I noticed that the instrument people were getting tired and hungry.

I was looking at these girls that were part of the people, and then they started asking me and my sisters to pass some food to them so they can eat because they are hungry... So we passed them some food and they ate in.

Near the end of the birthday, all the little kids had to come up to the stage and sing a song for my grandma. While we were, I looked at my grandma and she was crying with happy tears.

Sadly it was the end of the day and the birthday was finish and so we all had to go home. But, we had to stay, clean up the mess, clean the dishes and also pull down all the balloons that were put up. It was a lot of work but it was worth the day.

THE END!!

No comments:

Post a Comment