Pages

Sunday 2 June 2013

My Story About Going to the Kumara Patch


       One day in the holiday, me and my brother, and sisters, and my cousin and my mum and dad went to the Kumara patch at my mums friends Marae. My dad and my brother and my cousin was there for a while then me my sisters and my mum came and joined and started helping them. As we were scratching and digging, my cousin always gets the biggest Kumara and that wasn't fare for us because we find small one and he finds big and massive ones.

        My mum always takes picture of lots of Kumara and big ones as well. During the digging, my cousins decided to come and help us digg so they can take some Kumara home with them. Dangerously I was digging and digging for a very long time on one spot because, I finally found a big one so I digged until it came out.

       We were all having fun because, when we find worms we chuck it at each other then grab water and dirt then put the worm in it. My niece Maria, is so scared of worms so that is my we chuck the worms around. All of us were always laughing at each other because sometimes we do funny things.

       After doing all the Kumara, this Maori white man came and asked for some Kumara so we packed a big tin of it and then told my cousin and brother to take it and bring back our tin. So they went and we were angry because he didn't even help and we gave him some. Later on, my cousins left with a big tin of Kumara and my outher cousin too.

     

No comments:

Post a Comment